Internet forums provide a valuable tool to gather information, get a pulse on what others are doing, and share your thoughts. However, it is easy to forget that there are real, live, breathing people reading your posts. Why good manners are so important? The feeling of having someone post a positive comment on your latest blog post, or another person “liking” your new photos is certainly a great feeling to have, so why not return the favor? By replying back, it lets your clients or customers know that you appreciate them and that you took the time to read their comments. Small gestures like this help foster great relationships not only with that particular person, but once others see that you care, they’ll be more encouraged to engage with you. However, on the flip side, it’s likely you’ll receive a less than favorable comment at some point.
The important thing to remember is that you should always keep your cool and “kill them with kindness”. Proper Etiquette Provides a Framework for Civilization. Following proper etiquette during any type of communication is essential to a satisfying life. Remind yourself that these are ”people” with whom you are dealing. They have feelings. Try to treat others with dignity. As you are out and about on a routine day or while on vacation, you’ll have a much more pleasant time if you follow common etiquette guidelines. You may even find that other people are much more willing to cooperate when you show respect through good manners.
The communications in the Yupye forums, live chat are all managed in a similar way to Wikipedia: Etiquette
Guidelines – Posting etiquette
• Keep subject titles direct, descriptive and accurate
• Do not create multiple threads for one topic or post your thread in every category
• Do not post blank messages
• NO SHOUTING!: Defined as using all capital letters in a post.
• Use search! Avoid posting duplicate threads about questions that have already been answered.
Behavior – Help keep the forums a fun place to discuss and share your thoughts
• Be civil, polite, and avoid offensive language.
• Keep posts relevant to the topic
• Work out differences politely
• Be respectful when posting about religious, political, or otherwise controversial content
• Keep posts clean: free of vulgarity, racism, profanity, and bigotry
• No personal attacks: don’t flame, troll, insult, harass, threaten, rant
• Remember The Golden Rule: Treat others as you would have them treat you—even if they are new. We were all new once.
• Do not impersonate others
• Do not post personal information about others
• No advertising/spamming
• Do not send repeated PMs or encourage other players to PM bomb any forum member
• Have a sense of humor!
• We do not allow professionals and businesses to advertise their services through posting notices on forums that are reserved for other purposes or through soliciting business on the forums.
Illegal Activities – What to avoid
• Do not post copyrighted material
• We do not support posting links to images of creatures based on copyrighted materials
• Do not discuss illegal activities
• Do not share accounts
• Do not return to the forum on a duplicate account if any of your accounts is currently suspended
• Do not ask for or give out serial numbers
• No sexually oriented, adult material allowed
You agree, through your use of this forum on Yupye.com, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, hateful, offensive, rude, harassing, abusive, vulgar, mean spirited, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, adult material, derogatory in nature or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You agree not to use this forum for any illegal or unethical purposes.
All rules apply to Yupye forum posts as well as private messages. Consequently Yupye reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way. We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.
*We hope that everyone will agree with this Forum Etiquette guide and follow these points, however any threads, posts which are disruptive or abusive will be deleted. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to review or remove particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.